Yahoo Travel Doesn’t Know From Night Markets
Yesterday Yahoo Travel published an article on “top 10 night markets in the world”. It was clearly written by somebody who has never been to a night market, but that’s not really what bugs me about it. What does bug me is:
1. Yahoo did not get my permission to use my photo.
2. Tekka Centre is not a night market.
3. That is not a picture of Tekka. That’s a picture taken a block away, off Serangoon during Deepavali/Diwali.
Also, Tekka Centre smells like it looks, and it doesn’t look like fragrant jasmine.
Tekka Centre is a great wet market and where I would go to get a nice fat Kampung chicken and calamansi oranges. If you want cheap fruit, halal meat or a tasty hawker meal Tekka is the place for you. But if it’s a night market you want, don’t come to Singapore. Any top 10 Night Market list that includes Singapore but leaves off places like Chiang Mai or Taipei just can’t be trusted.
- Refusal of ALS Ice Bucket Challenge - August 27, 2014
- Yahoo Travel Doesn’t Know From Night Markets - August 23, 2014
- The Murray Affair - August 9, 2014
- San Francisco Gay Pride Parade 2014 - June 30, 2014
- Tom Robbins and 4 Ladies - June 10, 2014
- And I or And me - May 14, 2014
- How Weird Street Faire, 2014 San Francisco - May 5, 2014
- Sleep, School and Work - April 27, 2014
- Astrology is a lie - April 7, 2014
- Y’all need to calm down about Affirmative Action - April 6, 2014