The Nintendo Wii is Really a Power Glove
I’ve been pretty busy these past couple of weeks. By busy, I mean; not busy but I didn’t feel like writing. I hurt my back playing Nintendo Wii the other day. I played a couple of games one night and then I couldn’t get out of bed for 3 days. I’m not necessarily blaming that on the Wii, a decade of muscle atrophy could have also been a factor.
As I laid in bed, unable to use my 15 pound laptop and forced to think, I realized something. The Nintendo Wii is really just a Power Glove that actually works. I mean, it’s not as cool as the Power Glove and you don’t get finger action but it’s basically the same thing. For comparison sake I think I’ll refer to the Wii as a Power Bracelet.
Remember the Power Glove? It was a big thing for a while. It was whispered about in the school yard, glimpsed at in The Wizard and dreamed about at night. I used to lay awake and fantasize about the Power Glove, my premiere pre-masturbatory fantasy. It was my my greatest childhood longing, until I got to use one. The Power Glove was a fraud in that it did not live up to my fantasies of having a virtual reality hand. In fact outside of Super Glove Ball it was pretty useless and Super Glove Ball was no Nintendo Sports.
It’s been a teenager since the Power Glove was released yet we still don’t have cheap virtual reality hands. What we do have is virtual reality wrists and that’s a start. I am still waiting on my flying car and food pill however.
- Picture Of The Monday 4 - April 21, 2008
- Picture Of The Monday 3 - April 14, 2008
- 10 Reasons Why You’ll Hate Me - April 9, 2008
- Picture Of The Monday 2 - April 7, 2008
- No, You Can’t Have A Cigarette - April 2, 2008
- Hillary Clinton Sucks At Math, Life - April 1, 2008
- Photo Of The Monday 1 - March 31, 2008
- Earth Hour - March 29, 2008
- The 4 Pillars Of Hippiedom - March 27, 2008
- 5 Reasons I Live Better Than A King - March 19, 2008